Highlights of Israel
8 Days / 7 Nights
Saturday: Flight from the US to ISRAEL.
• Upon arrival to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, you will be met by the representative and transferred to your hotel in Tel Aviv.
• Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Monday – Masada & The Dead Sea
• Meet your tour guide in the morning and set off from Tel Aviv, driving south, passing by the cities of Ashdod, Ashkelon and Beersheba, the capital of the Negev Desert.
• Continue via Arad to Masada, Israel’s foremost archaeological park.
• Ascend via cable-car for a thorough visit that gives insight to the rituals, politics and culture of the people who inhabited this desert fortress, which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Visit the excavations, Herod’s palaces, the synagogue, bathhouse and cisterns, and enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea.
• Descend to the lowest place on earth – the Dead Sea, to experience the mineral-rich black mud and to float in its salty waters.
• Passing by the oasis of Ein Gedi, proceed through the Judean Desert to Jerusalem.
• Overnight in Jerusalem
Tuesday – Jerusalem
• Start the day at the Israel Museum’s Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, then a visit to the beautifully renovated model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, dating back to the time of the Second Temple.
• Visit Yad Vashem the official memorial to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, established in 1953, located at the foot of Mt. Hertzl.
• Enjoy Ein Karem; a picturesque village in the south western outskirts of Jerusalem. This small village has great significance in Christian traditions, since this is where according to tradition John the Baptist was born.
• Visit Bethlehem – the birthplace of Jesus at the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square.
• Return to your Jerusalem hotel.
• Enter the Old City of Jerusalem where you will see the Western Wall and the actual site of the Second Temple, the Temple Mount.
• Walk the Way of the Cross, the Via Dolorosa, to Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, housing both the traditional site of Crucifixion and the Tomb of the Resurrection.
• To the southwest, just outside the Old City, is Mount Zion, with the traditional tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper.
• Enjoy the spectacular panoramic view of Jerusalem – the holy city for each of the world’s three great religions – Christianity, Judaism and Islam, from atop the Mount of Olives.
• Visit the Garden of Gethsemane where Judas betrayed Jesus.
• In the heart of a neighborhood in downtown Jerusalem, visit Mahane Yehuda to experience the flavors, aromas, colors and the traders’ interaction with the crowds, at the largest open market in Israel.
• Overnight in Jerusalem.
Thursday – Beit Shean / Nazareth / Safed
• Leave Jerusalem and drive north passing by Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
• Travel through the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean, and visit the excavations of this beautifully preserved Roman City.
• Proceed to Safed, city of the Kabbalah and center of Jewish mysticism, to visit the beautiful streets of the artists’ colony.
• Overnight in a kibbutz hotel in the Galilee.
Friday – Golan Heights / Sea of Galilee
• Drive up to the Golan Heights passing by Banias, source of the Jordan River, former Syrian fortifications and the Druze villages.
• Enjoy an Israeli wine country experience, with vineyards surrounded by breathtaking views. Become acquainted with the collection of fine and rare wines enjoying a tour, wine tasting and understanding of the wine production process.
• Descend to the shore of the Sea of Galilee and proceed to Capernaum, to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue, the Mount of Beatitudes, traditional site of the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ and Tabgha, the traditional site of the ‘miracle of the loaves and the fish’.
• Onwards to Tiberias, the old center of Jewish learning.
• Optional sailing on a boat across the Sea of Galilee to experience the tranquility and scenery little changed during the past 2000 years (subject to conditions and fee).
• Return to the kibbutz hotel for overnight.
• After breakfast drive through the hills of the Galilee, westwards to Acre (Akko) for a visit of the old, famous Crusader stronghold and medieval fortifications.
• Continue to Haifa, ascending Mount Carmel for a panoramic view of the city, including the Baha’i Shrine, Persian Garden, and Haifa Bay.
• Proceed along the Mediterranean coast to Caesarea to visit the Roman Theater and the Crusader fortress at what is known as the “masterpiece of Herod the Great”.
• End the day with a short city tour of Tel Aviv and the ancient port of Jaffa.
• Overnight in Tel Aviv.
Sunday – Departure
• Transfer to the airport for departure.
► Transfers from/to airport on arrival and departure. ► 7 nights hotel accommodation on bed & breakfast basis.
► Sightseeing in a modern, air-conditioned touring vehicle.
► Service of a government-licensed guide on all touring days.
► Entrance fees to sites on the program.
- Tax of 3%
► Assistance at the airport upon arrival. (Rates for assistance on arrival will be advised once Covid-19 criteria and regulations are known)
► Any tests required for passengers due to Covid-19 regulations.
► Porterage at airport.
► Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff.
► Beverages with meals.
► Traveler’s medical/baggage insurance.
1. The tour operates on a guaranteed departure basis – subject to a minimum of 2 participants.
2. The sequence of the tour, hotels used, and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances.
3. Reservations received less than 14 days prior to departure are on a request only basis.
4. We reserve the right to cancel future tours that do not have any bookings on them.
5. Due to Covid-19, any new criteria/regulations that may be applied by the authorities, may incur a supplement. *. Please note that on certain dates the Galilee accommodation may be in Tiberias instead of on kibbutz.
PRICES Regular Season for Tel Aviv 1 night, Jerusalem 3 nights, Galilee area 2 nights, Tel Aviv 1 night:
DATES REGULAR SEASON: 2022: Beginning every Sunday (depart US Saturday) For March 6-April, April 24-July 30, August 28-Sept 24, Oct 23-Dec 24, ///// 2023: Jan 1-Feb 28
Tourist Class: Single 2199, pp 2 sharing a room $1560, pp 3 sharing a room $1530
First Class: Single $2559, pp 2 sharing a room$1755, pp 3 sharing a room $1700
Superior Class: Single $3345, pp 2 sharing a room $2180, pp 3 sharing a room $2075
PRICES High Season for Tel Aviv 1 night, Jerusalem 3 nights, Galilee area 2 nights, Tel Aviv 1 night:
DATES HIGH SEASON 2022: 10-16 April, 31 July 27 August, 25 Sept-1 Oct, 16 Oct-22 Nov, 25 Dec-31 Dec.
Tourist Class: Single 2369, pp 2 sharing a room $1669, pp 3 sharing a room $1649
First Class: Single $2719, pp 2 sharing a room$1879, pp 3 sharing a room $1809
Superior Class: Single $3539, pp 2 sharing a room $2329, pp 3 sharing a room $2219
6 dinner supplement starting from 2nd night: $208-$368 depending upon Class and season.
DELUXE CLASS AND OTHER DATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Above tour may be requested as ‘Private’ for a minimum of 2 passengers starting at $4239 pp.
PAYMENTS: $1500 p/p deposit with REGISTRATION FORM on website. Upon submission of the Reservation Form, you will receive an invoice to be paid by credit card. Balance due 90 days prior to departure. See TERMS & CONDITIONS on the web site. Questions? Send an e-mail to [email protected].com.